Thursday, August 14, 2008

10% quota for non bumi in UiTM, Any taker?

Did Khalid say something wrong? I wonder. It is just a (regardless whether it is political motivated or not) proposal, with a valid reason, that is to promote interaction between races. But the Menteri Besar Selangor, Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim is being labelled as "betraying the Malay trust" by his own race. When Dr Halimah Ali, chairman of the Permanent Committee on Education, Higher Studies and Development of Human Capital brought up the same proposal some times ago, it was conveniently ignored. That is all because of Tan Sri Khalid background.

Tan Sri Khalid was also asked to apologise?? I wonder when is the boleh land becomes a land that can not even make suggestion. Our less than competent PM simply said that Tan Sri Khalid has no jurisdiction over the UiTM quota's matter. Who doesn't know, it is common sense and we all know it. We don't need the PM to tell us this? Maybe his message is meant for the UiTM students...

Relax! it is just a PROPOSAL. Nothing but a proposal. If anyone doesn't like the idea, just say "No I buy that", as simple as that. No need to paint a picture that Malay rights is eroded and get the students to demonstrate . The Malay community should be well awared of that the propasal will never come true as long as the comunity against it. Umno dare not do it eventhough they know this is 100% bumu policy sucks. Umno just can't afford to loose more malay votes.

To me, it doesn't really matter whether UiTM to open up or not. It has not been something that me, as "bangsa asing" (this is how the UiTM vice chancellor, Prof Dr Ibrahim decribe non bumis) is looking forward to. I'm pretty sure that if UiTM is open up 10% of its quota to the non-bumis, it will have problem to fill the 10% quota with ""bangsa asing", same happen to MRSM years ago. Even if the 10% in UiTM is filled up, is it possible that this 10% bangsa asing wake the 90% up to compete. Hence, believe me, business as usual in UiTM. I will therefore support UiTM decision to continue to shut their door.

Peoples who are seriously looking for quality tertiary education will have at least some expectations. For me, I'm still looking up for Uni such as UM or USM where their ranking can still be seen in the world top 400 university ranking. Furthermore, there are many choices of good university opened their branches in Malaysia, it is not easy to attract non-bumi to join UiTM, let alone foreigner. Proof me wrong by showing me the evidence of UiTM is a good higher learning institution, please enlighten me the remarkable achievement by UiTM. Also name me a few UiTM grads that excel after graduation that Dr Ibrahim could be proud of?

I also need to tell some jokes of the incompetent Umno "leaders" as they were quick enough to become hero again. Utusan, in playing race issue as usual, reported "Pemuda, Puteri selar Khalid ". Wow! sound like these Umno wings are so well respected, to me it is just the opposite. Another story teller, the head of Pemuda UMNO, Perak, Zainol Fadzi Paharuddin even linking the proposal with DAP, by saying that PKR do this to please DAP...

No comments: